What’s the point of your relationship?

Holy crap 2013. You rocked my world ;)

It all started with a drive across the United States to move my whole life from my hometown in Connecticut to the mountains of Northern California. I went on a whitewater rafting trip down the Tuolumne river, made all these Soul Workouts, met my current boyfriend, traveled to Peru for a month, fractured my wrist, got my yoga teacher certification, read this book, had a Nerf gun battle in Mexico, spent lots of time on my mountain bike, saw Despicable Me 2 (as if I didn’t love minions enough already), went to Yellowstone National Park, and met so many new friends to share my life with.

But now it’s time to welcome in 2014 and the very first Soul Workout Wednesday of the year! I’m entering this year with my arms wide open, the willingness to fully engage and the courage to show up as myself.

I hope you’re with me, because we can’t do this whole “awaken to who we are” thing all on our own. We need each-other.

And what better way to kick off the 2nd year of Soul Workouts than with the topic of relationships? Today’s video is all about setting the goal at the beginning of a relationship, and I share with you the benefits of doing so. It’s called the relationship fire-drill.

Click below to watch:

If you have any comments or questions (or just wanna say hi), let me know in the comments below! What is your vision for 2014? Have any Soul Workout topics you would like to see this year?

Happy New Year with love,

Signature

P.S. If you missed the first two Soul Workouts on relationships, you can watch them here and here.

Share the joy!

Have you done your Soul Workout today? Get free weekly tips to create more peace in your life!

Comments

1. says

OMG I just found Earl Purdy last night. Good CIM consciousness to integrate.

In reply to your request in the video, my wife and I started a new relationship daily ritual in 2013 that is helping us maintain the goal in relationship of giving and receiving deep love and support that is working. We just put up a new facebook page called Love Notes which explains it and welcome all who are interested. We will be posting our daily love notes there that were born of 34 years together that get better every year. One of the things about the notes is that we praise each other for things that support each of us and the relationship so there may be some information there that readers might find valuable.

As always, thank you Amanda for your blessed energy, enthusiasm and wisdom, I look forward to them every week and seeing this on new Years Day is delightful..

2. Louise says

This was a really interesting and inspiring video. I’ve been pretty hopeless in this area, largely because I do find it difficult to communicate what I want. Always fearful of sounding silly etc. I’d love to be able to have the kind of conversation you spoke about here. 2014 is definitely the year I’m going to work on this. Thanks for posting and Happy New Year!

• Amanda says

Great to hear from you Louise! I was a little afraid of sounding like some crazy out-there spiritual person, but I just focused on being authentic to what I wanted and how I expressed myself. You can never go wrong with that ;) Happy New Year!

• Louise says

I’m back! Just wanted to say a big thank you for introducing me to Earl Purdy. I looked him up last night. He’s awesome. I’m not even sure what it is: it’s not like he’s saying something I haven’t heard before, but somehow the way he expresses the teachings just make them hit home that bit more strongly. Something just seemed to click. Brilliant. Thanks again!

• Amanda says

You’re welcome Louise! So glad you found him. I feel the same way. The way he teaches, I can really hear it! xx

3. Teodora says

I don’t think I’ve ever heard of a better way to begin a new relationship. It really made me think about all the pain I could have avoided if I would have just asked – what do you want from this? really helpful, thank you and happy new year! be well.

• Amanda says

It really is such a simple question that can yield miraculous results when we ask ourselves! Happy New Year Teodora!

4. says

Happy New Year Amanda!!! :)

This was one heck of an awesome Workout!! The point about people just jumping into a relationship without setting any clear goals really rang with me ‘cuz I have seen plenty of people do that. And it always ends up in disaster. Thank you so much for this awesome Workout !
    The best thing that for me that you shared in this video was the point about how we should set goals for every situation. I’d really like to hear you speak more about this. It really really resonated with me. Thank you so much for all your wisdom! It always always helps me and bring me back to love. I am so looking forward to the 2014 Workouts :D

Peace and blessings,
    Esha

• Amanda says

Thanks Esha! So great to hear from you. And yes, I have some plans to do more Soul Workouts on this idea and how it applies to other situations ;) Happy New Year!

Trackbacks